We’re excited to announce that we have been awarded the Live Arts Boston Grant from the Boston Foundation!
Boston’s performing arts and music scene helps the city thrive. As part of our effort to support the local artists that drive that scene, the Boston Foundation is proud of announce the 2018 LAB program, created with the support and partnership of the Barr Foundation. LAB will provide up to $15,000 in project-specific funds to create, produce or present artistic work for Greater Boston audiences. In addition to grant funding, this year’s grantees will receive:
- Additional support for videography/documentation of the project.
- One-on-one artistic mentorship for each grantee with a performing arts luminary.
- Assistance in marketing and outreach of performances.
- Opportunities to network, socialize and participate in peer learning with other LAB grantees throughout 2018.
- Learning opportunities for grantees around topics such as business development, marketing, fundraising, taxes and more.
Funding in 2018 will support work in the following performing arts disciplines: dance; theater; original music of any kind; spoken word; performance art; circus arts, as well as traditional, culturally-specific and folk performing arts; or any multidisciplinary combination of the above. Performance projects that include a visual art or film component are eligible, but LAB does not support standalone film projects.
Thank you to all of our supporters and stay tuned for more information!